Friday, June 8, 2012

On & Off My Hooks

Happy Friday! I popped in to show you a few things that I have going on crochet wise. Sorry for not posting much lately. It’s that life thing again.

Below please meet Betsy! She is done with the exception of her eyes. The hardest part of all of my dolls has been the face. I can’t tell you how many eyes I have crocheted only to throw them on my table because I wasn’t satisfied with them. My table is full of eyes!! :o)  And I also have to tell you that out of all the dolls I have done I did not enjoy doing the hair on this one. I bought the skein on sale at Hobby Lobby, can’t even remember the brand but I had a heck of a time getting my hook stuck in the yarn with almost each strand I pulled through the stitches. Betsy’s grandma will be picking her up  next week so her eyes will be on my agenda for the weekend. 

pink n yellow baby

 

Below is my very first boy doll that I am working on. His pants are done and as you can see I am working on his shirt. All that’s left after that is his face and hair. He is my third thread doll (I think). In my opinion the head and body are the easiest parts. The arms and legs are the hardest parts, besides the face that is. I’m not sure yet what his name will be. I love the two greens I’ve used. The pictures don’t do them justice. I will trim the top in the darker green that I used for his pants.

green boy boy standing

And lastly on this Friday morning is a quick little heart that I loved crocheting. It was so easy. You can find the instructions for the circle part here. The granny heart part can be found here. I love this! So quick, so easy, so darn pretty. :o) And I didn’t realize it until just now…look how the colors in the heart go with the colors on my tissue box.  I wanted to go around the outside of the heart with white but didn’t know if I had enough to sc around or not. I used cotton for this heart. The pink is the scented cotton. I found out that I am allergic to it. My head filled up and I had an instant headache. I won’t be buying anymore scented cotton. :o(

pink red white heart

Ok folks…time to buzz on out of here. I hope your weekend is warm and bright and everything you want out of it! Cya soon!

TTFN
Kat
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kat. I love your new doll. I've been meaning to ask you if the doll pattern is something you came up with - (p.s. I pinned your last doll on Pinterest). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls are so cute. I can't wait to they get faces...they always kind of creep me out until they have faces..but they are really cute.

    Love the heart and thanks so much for the link. :)

    Hugs to you and my Leo, too.

    Have a super great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi! Thanks! And I don't mind if you pin any of my stuff. That's cool! Sometimes I alter the pattern but for the most part I use the Red Heart pattern (they are all of the same) of the 3 little girls. And don't you know that I can't think of their names now! The clothes I make on my own. I think the first doll I made for Kylie was the only one that was made with the clothes in the pattern. I had to go look...Fashionista Farrah Doll is one of them. The other two patterns are the same as far as body. The thread dolls I have partially written down the pattern for them. Something else I need to finish. :o) Thanks again Debi!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know about the pattern - I'll definitely keep this one in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls are adorable! You shoulda named the girl Sally (after Sally Struthers) that's who she reminded me of with that hair! LOL! Great job Kat.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the girl's hair . . it reminds me of mine when I had highlights and permed curls :0}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the doll!! I have a surprise for you over on my blog come see...http://lazydaisycrochet.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!