Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FO’s……mostly

I realized not long ago that a lot of my posts show UFO’s, not FO’s. So I thought I would show some FO’s with one UFO in the mix. :o)

                                                          beret top

This is the top of the beret in my last post. It’s ready to go, along with the others, to be donated.

                                                            beret for donation

This is the band on it.

              toadily handmade                                 inside card

I hand made my cards. A while back when I was in Hobby Lobby I came across some stamps that I loved. So I bought some heavy paper and cut it up into sizeable pieces. I stamp my stamps, make a cute little flower to attach and put my care instructions handwritten inside.

                pink full close                                pink full face

I had quite a range of comments when I posted this pink full face hat on FB. In my mind I envisioned something totally different than what came off the hook. Oh well………it’ll keep someone (female), who rides a motorcycle in winter, warm.

                kylies book bag w flower                          flower

This is my UFO. I had started this as something totally different, a pillow cover for a pillow for Kylie, and trashed the idea and put it away (because it didn’t work out like I planned). A week or so ago it came to me that I had this in my bin and I could use it to make a book bag and fill it with books for her birthday (instead of the stupid pillow idea). She loves to read and I think that’s a better idea anyways. :o)  So I crocheted both ends up. And it was interesting the way I did it.  I made a sc, ch 1 all the way along and then when I got to the end I came back up with sc on each side post of the sc’s. Then when I got to the top I chained 2 and came back down the other side repeating the sc on each side post and fastened off at the end. I should have taken a pic, darn it. The way I did it reinforces the seams. This is a rather large book bag. I wanted it to be strong enough to carry the load that she would put in it.  Like my flower for the side? I got the pattern for it from Crochet Garden by Suzann Thompson.  I have to tell you that this is the second flower I’ve made from this pattern and I’ve changed the inside of the flower both times. BUT I had the same number of stitches required before starting the petals of the flower. Do you know that both times I ended up with 11 petals instead of 10??  I don’t know how I did it but I did. It’s a pretty cool looking flower too.   Also I bought a couple of straps for this bag from Jo-Ann’s but now I am thinking I won’t use them. The only reason being that I want her to be able to wash this and I don’t think the straps are washable. :o(  So it looks like I will have to come up with something else.

Hey…….it’s hump day!  I hope you are able to get over the hump with relative ease to the downhill slide to the end of the week. Cya soon!

TTFN
Kat
xoxox

9 comments:

  1. The book bag is very pretty - love the colors. It will be perfect for a little girl. I love the pink full face hat too - just don't walk into a bank wearing it - that might not work out too well(lol). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it's funny you say that Debi, my sister commented the same exact thing.

      Delete
  2. Happy hump day. Love the hats, love the tags you made. So professional it all is! The book bag, amazing. The flower on it sets it off. Take good care. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your projects you had on the post today. The face thing cracks me up because I know you are gonna be wearing that on I-95 freaking everyone out but yet being Uber cool at the same time, too. :)

    So glad to see you blogging again, missed you. Hugs to you and my pal Leo, too.

    blessings always my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I hope to wear it. Do you think they'll know it's a girl? :o)

      Delete
  4. Good job with all of the finished projects. I was wondering when I read your title what FO meant!!! Kinda scared me!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink full face hat :)
    I am sorry for the snake though :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!