I had some Medusa yarn left from the last hobo bag I showed you Monday and it was calling me. "Pick me up, play with me, make something out of me!" LOL
So I did. I had previously thought I would like to make some kind of 'wallet' or something to that effect, but I didn't know how I was going to go about it. I received my newest Crochet World mag yesterday and after reading through it I picked up the Medusa and my E hook and proceeded to make a 30 chain sc foundation. (Since I learned how to do that I only use that method for starting a project. You can find it here.) I crocheted 15 rows of sc and then went around the outside of the whole piece with sc. When I got to where I started I did the first long side in 4dc shells, sc on the short side until about halfway, stopped and put a button on the opposite side in the middle, crocheted a chain of 22 and then backed it down to 20, then 18 until I was satisfied that this wasn't too long to hook on the button, then proceeded with 4dc shells on the long side and then ended the short side with sc. I then went to the inside of it and crocheted a chain of 15 from one side to the other to secure paper currency. I left the ends on because I'm not sure that I'm going to keep it like that...we'll see. I like it, but I kinda don't. Something about it is bugging me and I don't know what.
The result was below. It only took me about an hour and a half to produce. I think I need to refine a few things on it but overall I didn't think it was too bad. As usual the pic colors don't do it justice. I took it outside and the light outside wasn't bright enough.