Saturday, February 25, 2012

Key Chain Hat



Whoa....it's Saturday! A post from me on Saturday?? :o) Yes!! Because I have a pattern to share with you! This is my youngest sister's birthday present. Made with love from her big sis. If you find any errors or have a question just let me know k?

#10 thread - any color you desire with a short amount of contrasting color
B/1 - 2.25mm hook for majority of hat
#8 steel hook for contrasting color around brim

1) ch 2, 6 sc in second ch from hook
2) 2 sc in each sc stitch around
3) 1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around
4) 1 sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
5) 1 sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
6) 1 sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
7) 1 sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
8, 9, 10 & 11) 1 sc in each sc around
12) 2 sc in each sc around
13, 14 & 15) 1 sc in each sc around
Fasten off.

In the row of the 2sc in each sc (#12), using contrasting thread & #8 hook, make slip stitches all the way around to where you began (1 round). This round sits on top of the hat and separates the head part from the brim. When you get back to where you started make 3 picots (ch 4, sl st in first ch). Then chain 20-25 (depending on how long you want the key chain loop). Slip stitch back down the chain and when you get back to the bottom of the chain put your hook into the middle of your picots and the end of the chain(beginning of slip stitches) and slip stitch the loop together. Fasten off and weave in ends.




Well the weather has changed here again. It was up to 86 yesterday afternoon and then some bad, quick storms came through. This morning it was 46 when I went outside and sunny. Now it's 52 and cloudy and they say we'll get more rain tomorrow. I was hoping to be able to put all of my plants outside this weekend but I guess not now. :o( So here I sit crocheting. Watching CMT. :o)

I hope your weekend is super and everything you want it to be! Cya soon!!

TTFN
Kat
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. You made your little sis an elf hat :0}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute hat - and very nice of you to make it for your sister. Thanks for sharing your pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a fun weekend. The Granny Bee told me she invited you to the WWW. You would have enjoyed it I think, but with the price of gas....well a lot of people that were planning on coming didn't.

    That hat keyring is cute. Great job on designing your own pattern. I still use the keyring you gave me!

    How's Leo?

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping in to say hello..love the hat..I may have to use that pattern..have a good one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for the pattern. :)

    Hope your weather gets back to normal. We are all waiting for storms here...never a dull moment in Kentucky! :)

    Wishing you a wonderful day, and hugs to my pal Leo, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!