Thursday, August 18, 2011

Flyers

Days.......flying soooo fast. Weeks......the summer is almost gone! Months......Christmas is right around the corner again. Less than 130 days.....128 to be exact.  I know you don't want to hear it but it's true.

Another flyer is my behind right off my body...lol. Hopefully.  I am using this contraption below to try to get my body in better shape. Specifically this works your legs; calves, knees, thighs, and butt......believe it or not.  I'm hoping to have nicer looking, sleeker, toner butt cheeks! I've only been doing it a little over a week now and have just yesterday and today gone around (the outside) the building I work in (a little over a quarter mile), barely. Each day I take it out two or three times and work it. In theory you are supposed to work out at least a half hour a day five days a week to stay fit....more to get in shape. I haven't been doing a minute a day in ages, months......ok....years....much less a half hour.  So any little bit I can do should help. I have to take baby steps....it's killing me but helping me at the same time. I can't stand all this weight I've put on. I am miserable. Not to mention that it's not helping my already broken back. So I am making strides to try to get some off.
Believe me, it's not as easy as it may look. And it also doesn't take very long before you are huffing and puffing and your knees are screaming at you. Also....notice no seat?? Once you stop making it go it doesn't take long to stop. So you have two choices, pump and go or walk it. :o) Either way you are getting exercise.

I am still working on several things and actually cleared my table up a little the other day trying to figure out what I need to do to get on the ball. Or behind the ball, or with the ball.......to get going crochet wise.

I'm still working on the two different thread projects. Here is a peak of both. Mind you, it's the same stitch with both threads and appropriate hooks per size of thread. (The lighting was bad...excuse the pics) They look totally different don't they? I think it's the size of the thread and also the fact that one is multicolored while the other is one color.



And here below is an example of crochet while you are on drugs. Pain drugs.......for my back. I got this nylon thread a while back and didn't quite know what I was going to do with it. A few weekends ago I pulled it out and thought I would just start a granny for maybe a rug or something of that nature. I just wanted to see how it crocheted up. Have you ever crocheted with nylon??  It's weird, to say the least. It is hard to keep tension on it. The thread catches on the top of the hook when you're trying to finish each stitch. It doesn't flow......so to speak.

I am using a C hook with this and I guess it's ok. A bit wonky actually.   But anyways...I got sidetracked. Can you see my screw up?? lol  Note to self: DO NOT crochet when you are on drugs. It will get you every time! It's bad though because at that point I actually thought to myself, wow, this is odd. And I just kept on going, as if it wasn't screwed up...I don't know.  I realized it earlier when I took a pic of it and looked at it close because it looks odd. That's when it dawned on me what I did. My back was killing me that day and I took one of those bad boys. This is the result.


The colors are crappy because the lighting is crappy.  The blue and purple are really vibrant colors. I'm not going to pull it apart. I'll use it somewhere in the house.......or use it in my car.  Imagine that.....crocheting something for myself, even though it's messed up!

So that's all that's going on with me folks....besides work, work, work.  I did get a request for a couple of hats for a couple of little people so I may do those and take a little break from this other stuff I am working on.  We are still needing some rain here. The mornings have been a tad cooler and the days haven't been AS brutal. Maybe a whisper of fall in the air?? Hopefully!! I'm ready.

Happy Friday Eve! My wish for you is that your days are rich with love and laughter and that life is easy for you. Cya soon!
TTFN
Kat
xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. I will take your advice and not do any crocheting while doing pain meds..LOL..nice post...glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A walking scooter. What an idea. Does it have a tension control, too, for a more strenuous workout?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat,

    Well that scooter thing looks hard. Good luck with it. I'm the same way, haven't exercised in years, but desperately need to. Looks like we might get some rain today, I hope you do too.
    I'm not ready for fall, because that means winter is close behind and do NOT remind us of Christmas again thank you very much!
    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike - to be honest with you I have no clue if there is a tensioner but I'm betting there is. I'll have to look at the manual when I get home to see. I know there are two chains on it because when I got it I accidentally made one come off and had to get one of the guys here at work to fix it for me and get it back on track.

    Miss Cindy - Sorry about the 'C' word. lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey...where did u get that scooter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better...love the scooter...well, the picture of the scooter, not sure I'd love it if I had to make it go. :)
    Keep that hook moving, you are making really pretty things....there are no mistakes in crochet, just design elements. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!