Sorry I haven't posted anything. I have been slammed at work these last two days. And I need to take pics of Baggy Cat (which all parts are made, just need to put her together). And over the weekend I finished one of my wip's.
I don't recall if I told you about it or not and don't really have the time presently to go looking through my posts but there is a 'piece', not sure that I should call it a doily because it's not really, but it's got 12 giraffes on the outside of it. Look here. It's called a coaster. It's actually a little bit bigger than a coaster.
I started this a long time ago with #10 blue & #10 pink and a #6 hook. When I put it down I had two giraffes done. I finally finished it for a birthday present. I need to block it before I take a pic of it because the giraffes heads are all wonky and won't stay flat. I'm pretty proud that I finally finished it. And I love the colors I did it in. I wouldn't mind doing another one in #3 thread so that it turns out bigger (with a bigger hook of course). I did screw up somewhere though and don't you know that makes me so mad at myself. I tried to figure out where and couldn't find it but I'm betting my joins are the culprit, as with the Rising Sun doily. On the giraffe coaster, when I got done with the very last giraffe I had two stitch spaces left between the first and last one. There aren't supposed to be any. I have to tell you that after all that work I was not going to frog it either.
This pattern is not for a beginner. It's a little daunting with the slip stitches on top of the head for the nubs and ear. This pattern actually intimidated me at first with the giraffes but I didn't let it whip me. And when I picked it back up and could actually read through the pattern and figure out where I was at, it was a testament to my intermediate capabilities as a crocheter. That put a smile on my face. :o)
This week at night I have been attempting one of these in #10 burgundy with a #7 hook. I had the hardest time with reading the directions, and still not sure that the bottom is right. I know for a fact that the last round on the bottom (saucer) piece is not according to her directions. I just went with my own version. The top is going to be different too. Though I'm having a hard time with that also. :o( Somewhere in my pattern travels I came across some vintage crocheted cups and they were absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could find them again. If any of you come across some please let me know, I'd love to try my hand at them.
Ok, I've jawed enough. I have a dr. appt at 12:15. There are people in my office who insist on coming to work sick and I have a horrible sore throat that just popped up yesterday afternoon and it's one of those sick sore throats with the yukky taste in the back of your throat. We'll see what kind of sickness I have. I want to nip it in the bud.
Ohhhh.......my epidural worked good. I am feeling mucho better. Some pain, not near what I had before. I hope it lasts for a while. While the procedure wasn't too too bad, the injection of stuff in my back made my leg feel like it was in a vice. That was the only bad part. But that meant that they got the steroids right where they needed to be.
I hope your hump day is nothing but love, laughter and everything good. Life is good.