Friday, March 18, 2011

A Couple of Things

Happy Friday! It's been a long tiring week. This forward time change stuff kicks my butt!!

I had a comment from someone named Patrushka about the vintage Susan Bates hook I got from my ex-mother-in-law. No wonder I couldn't find them, they don't make them anymore. Anyways, Patrushka gave me this site to see what the hooks are for. How interesting huh?

I would love to have some more of these kinds of hooks. Unfortunately I get outbid on the ones I've put bids on, on ebay. :o(  If anyone out there has any they'd like to let go of, I'd gladly pay for them plus the shipping. I really like this hook and would love to have different sizes with the clips on them.

I didn't get much done on my alien last night. I had to hook up my new Directv HD receiver in the bedroom. My old one went a few nights ago. This threw me AND Mr. Lick Lick off because we always go to sleep with the tv on the timer, and when we get up in the morning on the weekdays at o'dark thirty we sit in bed watching the news waking up with coffee. Welll.....he sleeps next to me and I drink the coffee and wake up. Without the receiver we've had to sit on the loveseat in the living room waking up. That's not part of our normal routine. So with the time change we were both out of wack.

And Jen skyped me last night. She had a video she taped of Kylie singing and doing this little skit she made up. I was in tears laughing at her. So not much crocheting was done.

Not much else going on in my world. I hope to get my bedroom torn apart this weekend and get the carpet pulled up. I hate carpet. I'm putting down vinyl. It's much easier to clean and looks much better. The carpet I have in there now is old and yukky. Me and Leo will probably be sleeping in the living room for a while. I'm getting rid of my bed too. It's an old waterbed frame with 6 drawers underneath and I've had it for at least 25 years. I can't move it around and it's really too big for just me and Leo. I need to get this done before I have my surgery because I won't be able to do anything for a while afterwards.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend in your little corner of the world!
TTFN
Kat
xoxox

3 comments:

  1. My favorite bed EVER was just the frame with a mattress and spring on it. Basically, I could move it with one hand . . that queen size bed just rolled around on wheels.

    I am always moving furniture around . . well, I move it when the back isn't nutsy, and I like the rollers on the bottoms. Had a queen sized sofa bad that I put new legs on that had wheels on them . . rolled that puppy everywhere.

    Now, stay away from my house . . . .I don't want you to "lift" my "0" hook . . you can just lust after it from afar. . . he he he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those rosewood hooks on the link you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes so much sense to clip your thread to the hook. Interesting!
    Best of luck with the furniture moving!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!