Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Somethings

Happy Monday!! :o) I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was pretty good I guess. Saturday I got to ride my bike for the first time in a long time, although I paid for it yesterday. I rode with 3 of my BG sisters to Statesboro late in the afternoon to a US Military Vets function. We left there just before dark to head home and was enchanted to see the full moon coming up on the way home. Talk about gorgeous. I forget the name for this moon but it was closer and bigger and brighter than it has been for a long time. It was an orangey color coming up.

Yesterday I stayed in my jammies til around noonish and then worked on getting my bedroom emptied out to take the carpet up. I ran into a stumbling block though. I needed to take my old couch out of the living room and get rid of it. Well guess what? It won't go through the door without someone to help me tip it sideways. Sigh........so I have to find someone to help me. This is one of the few downsides to not having a significant other. Unfortunately for me. Although I'm seriously thinking about taking a hammer to it and whacking it apart and putting it in the back of my truck to haul off. You know an independent woman....where there's a will, there's a way. Right??? ;o)

I went to the dr this morning to get a date confirmed to get my gall bladder out. It seems it's no big deal these days. 4 incisions, they tie it off up above in two places and cut it out and pull it out the hole. He said only about 3 to 4 days downtime, although I'm taking two weeks off work. Fun fun. :o) Shoot.....I'll just be glad to be feeling better. April 5th is the date with the oncologist.

So I didn't do a lot of hooky this weekend but I did get two little somethings accomplished. It doesn't take much to make me happy. I started something on Friday that I had no clue what it was going to be, although in the back of my mind I thought it might turn out to be a small doily. Nope. All of a sudden I got this bright idea to make it a pin cushion. And par for me, I didn't write it down. I keep telling myself I need to do that but I just start hooking, get so engrossed in it and before you know it I've gone way past the point of writing it down. And if you didn't know it, I am not a sewer (so-er). But I had to pat myself on the back for sewing the cushion part together. I'm actually thinking about making a few more with different tops on them. I liked this little project. It was relatively quick and not too stressful and I like the end result. It's also done in my favorite color!  One reason is that I wanted to try using up the rest of my #10 purple thread. That wasn't a bust.....I still have a good bit left. Not enough for a big project and probably not even enough for a project this size.



I like small projects. Instant crochetification! :o)

And how about this? I don't know how I managed to do this but I like it! I found some Aunt Lydias thread the other day in AC Moore that had #3 on it. And at the time I looked at it I was saying to myself, there's no way that's #3, that's #10. Well, what the deal is, is that there are two strands together. I love the colors. That's usually what drives me, is the color. I couldn't resist, even though I thought it was a mistake on the package. I can't tell you how long I've had that plain jane barrett in silver...years probably.  Now I have a new one. :o)


And I thought since I was taking pics I better get one of my alien. The more I look at it, the more I don't like it.
And to round out today's pics - a pic of my salvia...it's coming along nicely. I've tried to grow this 2 years in a row in the ground, this is the best I've had so far. Watch.......they'll all die now. And pollen. I can't complain, I live in the woods for a reason, but man it's heavy this year.


So I guess that about rounds out today's post. I've got two weeks before I get my gall bladder out. I need to get my house straightened up before my sister comes. My yarn hole in particular. It's a total disaster. Well, to her it would be, I know where everything is and why it's there. :o) To tell you the truth, I am going to dig out my knitting needles. She's the knitter, sewer, crocheter, cross stitcher, quilter.......she can do it all. I'm going to try another go at learning how to knit. I tried to teach myself and failed miserably. Maybe this time with her help and guidance I can accomplish that too. We'll see.

I hope your day is bright and sunny in your little spot. Til next time......
TTFN
Kat
xoxox

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty pincushion! It amazes me when you just put something together without a pattern. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That barrette is so gorgeous! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute little pin cushion that came out of your head. Very nice. I've done absolutely nothing on the crochet front. I've tried but nothing grabs me. Looks like you were busy this weekend. I have no idea what I did but I've got nothing to show for it. I didn't leave the house after Friday night. I'm off to bed to read some celebrity trash mag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pin cushion ... I wish you had written down the instructions too ... lol. hint, hint! One of these days I'm going to make pin cushions. They are so pretty and I love little things. Sorry to hear about the gall bladder, but feeling better is the best thing. Let us know exactly when this will happen, sending prayers for even faster healing! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you're thinking!