Monday, April 19, 2010

Mostly Monday

Good morning......I hope your weekend was good! All in all mine was ok. I really can't complain. Saturday I went on a run with some of my BG sisters. It was a benefit run for a place called 'Horsin Around'. They have horses and they help autistic and handicapped children to feel a little bit of normalcy and fun in their life. My back was killing me all day. One of my sisters had a 'Tens'??? unit (don't know if that's how it's spelled), but it's one of those things that you attach pads to you and there is shocky goodness going through those pads to your muscles to ease the pain. So I wore that for a good few hours. She had to leave early so I gave it back to her and by the time it was time to leave I was in agony and couldn't lift my leg to get on my bike without help. Got home, took two muscle relaxers that she had also given me and went to bed. Oh...I did win some door prizes at the scissors!!!, LOL, a new pair of deerskin gloves and a 48 piece set of Oneida flatware! I love them all. I got to see Shae, she is leaving to go to Philly with her boyfriend, to go back to school. I made her a bookmark with a heart on one end and a flower on the other. I don't think I got a pic of it before I gave it to her.

Sunday I woke up feeling better and generally took it easy. I did laundry, hooked quite a bit, mowed the front yard because it was about a foot high and watered plants. Mr. Lick Lick got in a bit of trouble again (he's always in he got me in tears. I was mowing a tad over by the shed and I see him come walking out of the shed with a pained look on his face and holding his right front hand up off the ground. I immediately turned the mower off, scooped him up and went and sat on the front porch in the comfy chair. I rubbed him all over, trying to find the hurt spot. I talked to him and cried the whole time. He licked my tears off several times as I nestled him in my arms. I told him he HAS TO STOP doing this! I couldn't handle something happening to him. So the rest of the day he pretty much stayed away from the shed except for a few times when I called for him and he came out of the shed with a 'I'm sorry' look on his face. He knew he had upset me earlier. I'm sure what happened was that he had climbed up on something and then fell off, hurting himself. I was really surprised that he listened to me about not going in the shed. I watched him for quite a while and he would go close, look in there, and then saunter away. I think he knew I was watching him and he knew how upset I was. Dogs are not stupid. They know a lot more than people give them credit for. He knew how much I loved him when I scooped him up and I was crying trying to find where he hurt. He could feel my pain because of his pain.

And now today is Monday......again. Time is just flying too fast. I hate that. The weekends are here and gone so quick. This week I am only working three days, thankfully. But that time off will go quick. I am very much looking forward to seeing my family on Thursday and going to the dr on Friday and being with Mr. Lick Lick the rest of the day. I told him this morning but I'm sure he didn't comprehend. He did not want to go in the cage this morning, and I can't blame him, at all. I hate that he has to go in the cage but it's his own fault.

Anyways.....after today it's two more days this week. YIPPEEE!!! LOL

I hope your day is wonderful and it's everything you want it to be.
Kat xoxox

ps/my pic today is a woodburning that I did for my daughter. One of her babies died while inside of her, one month short of his due date. This is one of my favorite woodburnings.

1 comment:

  1. You know what the worst parts of retirement are? No snow days and no days off . . . it's silly, but I miss the change of pace that a surprise snow day use to give me . . .so enjoy your time of with Mr. Lick Lick :o}


I'd love to hear what you're thinking!